Jump to Main Content
- Reis, Veronica Massena, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Archives of microbiology 2017 v.199 no.6 pp. 863-873
- Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus; Herbaspirillum rubrisubalbicans; Herbaspirillum seropedicae; biomass; growth promotion; hydroponics; nitrate reductase; nitrate reductase (NADH); nitrogen-fixing bacteria; plant growth; seedlings; sprouting; sugarcane
- ... Diazotrophs are able to stimulate plant growth. This study aimed at evaluating the effect of inoculation of five diazotrophic strains on growth promotion and nitrate reductase (NR, EC 220.127.116.11) activity in sugarcane. An experiment was carried out from three stages of cultivation: sprouting, tubes, and in hydroponics. On the first two stages, seven treatments were adopted: uninoculated control; mixe ...
- Reis, Veronica Massena, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied soil ecology 2017 v.113 pp. 96-106
- Burkholderia kururiensis; C4 plants; Herbaspirillum seropedicae; Sorghum bicolor; aboveground biomass; air; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; genotype; grain sorghum; grain yield; grasses; greenhouse production; greenhouses; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fertilizers; nitrogen fixation; nitrogen-fixing bacteria; nutrient uptake; nutrient use efficiency; peat; plant growth; planting; soil; sweet sorghum; urea
- ... Sorghum bicolor is a C4 plant that is normally associated with diazotrophs. Inoculation with selected bacteria can improve plant growth, biological nitrogen fixation (BNF) and nutrient uptake. Therefore, the objective of the current study was to evaluate the ability of twenty-two diazotroph strains to improve sorghum growth in a greenhouse. Then, a mixture of the best performing strains was applie ...