Jump to Main Content
- Rogelj, Joeri, et al. Show all 23 Authors
- Global environmental change 2017 v.42 pp. 251-267
- carbon; climate; climate change; emissions; energy; environmental policy; models; society; temperature; value added
- ... Studies of global environmental change make extensive use of scenarios to explore how the future can evolve under a consistent set of assumptions. The recently developed Shared Socioeconomic Pathways (SSPs) create a framework for the study of climate-related scenario outcomes. Their five narratives span a wide range of worlds that vary in their challenges for climate change mitigation and adaptati ...
- Rogelj, Joeri, et al. Show all 46 Authors
- Global environmental change 2017 v.42 pp. 153-168
- carbon dioxide; carbon markets; climate; climate change; climate models; cropland; energy; fossil fuels; greenhouse gas emissions; issues and policy; land use; socioeconomics; sustainable development; temperature; uncertainty
- ... This paper presents the overview of the Shared Socioeconomic Pathways (SSPs) and their energy, land use, and emissions implications. The SSPs are part of a new scenario framework, established by the climate change research community in order to facilitate the integrated analysis of future climate impacts, vulnerabilities, adaptation, and mitigation. The pathways were developed over the last years ...