Jump to Main Content
- Selvaraj, Jonathan Nimal, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2017 v.256 pp. 1-10
- Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus niger; aflatoxin B1; antibiotics; biosynthesis; chemical elements; coculture; gene expression regulation; genes; messenger RNA; metabolites; peanuts; toxicity
- ... Twenty Aspergillus niger strains were isolated from peanuts and 14 strains were able to completely inhibit AFB1 production with co-cultivation. By using a Spin-X centrifuge system, it was confirmed that there are some soluble signal molecules or antibiotics involved in the inhibition by A. niger, although they are absent during the initial 24h of A. flavus growth when it is sensitive to inhibition ...
- Selvaraj, Jonathan Nimal, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food control 2017 v.80 pp. 244-251
- Alternaria; Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus niger; Fusarium verticillioides; Trichoderma; aflatoxin B1; corn; drying; fungi; seeds; China
- ... Forty-four pre- and post-nature drying maize kernels were collected from North China Plain and assessed for fungi infection and mycotoxins contamination. The percentage of fungi infection was significantly higher in pre-nature drying samples than post-nature drying samples except for Fusariuim graminearum, which increases from 6.06% to 24.09%. Fusarium, Aspergillus, Alternaria and Trichoderma were ...