Jump to Main Content
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2017 v.107 pp. 152-165
- Cryptanthus; amplified fragment length polymorphism; arid lands; biogeography; caatinga; center of diversity; cerrado; ecosystems; flowers; forests; habitat destruction; hermaphroditism; males; monophyly; paraphyly; savannas; shrublands; synapomorphy; taxonomy; Brazil
- ... Cryptanthus comprises 72 species endemic to eastern Brazil with a center of diversity in the Atlantic Forest. The majority of the species are threatened due to habitat loss. We reconstructed phylogenetic relationships in Cryptanthus based on amplified fragment length polymorphisms (AFLP) including 48 species and 109 accessions. The Bayesian phylogenetic analysis revealed four major lineages in Cry ...
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The new phytologist 2017 v.215 no.2 pp. 891-905
- DNA; Orchidaceae; ancestry; biogeography; data collection; epiphytes; flora; mountains; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; species diversity; Andes region; Central America; South America
- ... The Andean mountains of South America are the most species‐rich biodiversity hotspot worldwide with c. 15% of the world's plant species, in only 1% of the world's land surface. Orchids are a key element of the Andean flora, and one of the most prominent components of the Neotropical epiphyte diversity, yet very little is known about their origin and diversification. We address this knowledge gap b ...
- PubMed Central: