Jump to Main Content
- Susaeta, Andres, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of forest economics 2017 v.28 pp. 18-32
- Pinus elliottii; carbon; carbon sequestration; climate change; climatic factors; coniferous forests; econometric models; forest growth; forest plantations; income; land values; prices; stumpage; Southeastern United States
- ... It is widely accepted that pine plantation forests will play a critical role in climate change (CC) mitigation, but their vulnerability to CC impacts raises questions about their role. We modeled the impacts of changing climatic variables on forest growth, optimal harvest age, and land expectation value (LEV) for 11 representative slash pine sites in the Southeastern U.S. under two alternative cli ...
- Susaeta, Andres, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Forests 2017 v.8 no.3
- Pinus taeda; climate change; climatic factors; coniferous forests; econometric models; economic feasibility; forest ownership; land values; plant density; plantations; planting density; prediction; prices; profitability; timber production; water supply; water yield; yields; Southeastern United States
- ... In this study, we assessed the impacts of climate change, forest management, and different forest productivity conditions on the water yield and profitability of loblolly pine stands in the southeastern United States. Using the 3-PG (Physiological Processes Predicting Growth) model, we determined different climatic projections and then employed a stand level economic model that incorporates, for e ...