Jump to Main Content
- Ye, Yuzhen, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Methods 2017 v.129 pp. 8-17
- DNA; amino acid sequences; genes; metagenomics; microbial communities; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; prediction; proteins
- ... Recent years have witnessed unprecedented accumulation of DNA sequences and therefore protein sequences (predicted from DNA sequences), due to the advances of sequencing technology. One of the major sources of the hypothetical proteins is the metagenomics research. Current annotation of metagenomes (collections of short metagenomic sequences or assemblies) relies on similarity searches against kno ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ye, Yuzhen, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2017 v.143 pp. 224-230
- X-ray diffraction; alkalinity; anions; atomic absorption spectrometry; bauxite; cation exchange capacity; electrical conductivity; exchangeable sodium; hydrochloric acid; minerals; neutralization; sodium; solid wastes; titration; weathering
- ... Bauxite residue, a highly alkaline solid waste, is extremely hazardous to the surrounding environment and current research approaches have largely focused on the removal and separation of alkaline substances. Natural weathering processes may be a step forward in terms of their regeneration. In this study, natural evolution of basic alkalinity, electrical conductivity, exchangeable ions and acid ne ...