Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Zhuqing, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biologia 2017 v.72 no.4 pp. 398-406
- cell membranes; cell walls; cytosol; flowering; fruits; gene expression; immunohistochemistry; in situ hybridization; microscopy; proteinases; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sieve elements; transcription (genetics); tritium; wheat
- ... Metacaspases are cysteine-dependent proteases essential in plant PCD. This study focused on PCD features, the metacaspase II protein (TaeMCAII) and its gene expression and dynamic distribution during the developmental process of wheat sieve elements (SEs). Our results showed that the SEs experienced enucleation, inclusion loss, cell wall thickening and decreased cytosol density during their develo ...
- Zhou, Zhuqing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2017 v.39 no.1 pp. 23
- Triticum aestivum; apoptosis; catalase; cultivars; endosperm; enzyme activity; flooded conditions; flowering; food crops; hydrogen peroxide; isozymes; malondialdehyde; osmotic pressure; peroxidase; proline; protein content; sugars; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; wheat
- ... Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is one of the world’s three major food crops, the previous studies have indicated that the development of wheat endosperm cells underwent a special programmed cell death (PCD) and it could be accelerated by waterlogging. Hua 8 wheat cultivar (waterlogging tolerant) and Hua 9 (waterlogging sensitive) were used to reveal the physiological mechanism in this study. The res ...