Jump to Main Content
- Erdal, Özlem; Kaplan‐Türköz, Burcu; Taştan, Özge; Göksungur, Yekta
- Journal of food biochemistry 2017 v.41 no.3
- kestose, etc ; Zymomonas mobilis; fermentation; food industry; foods; glucose; industrial applications; levan; levansucrase; pH; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; polymers; prebiotics; response surface methodology; solubility; statistical analysis; sucrose; temperature; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... This article investigates the production and optimization of levansucrase using synthetic medium by Zymomonas mobilis NRRL B‐14023. Response surface methodology was used to investigate the effects of three different fermentation parameters on levansucrase enzyme production. Maximum levansucrase activity of 13.3 µmol glucose/min was obtained at the optimum levels of process variables (pH 4.90, init ...
- Xavier, Janifer Raj; Ramana, Karna Venkata
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2017 v.181 no.3 pp. 986-1006
- kestose, etc ; Bacillus licheniformis; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; GRAS substances; Gram-negative bacteria; carbon; casein; cosmetics; endotoxins; fermentation; food technology; industrial applications; inulin; levan; levansucrase; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; peptones; response surface methodology; soil; sucrose; sugarcane juice; temperature; Antarctica; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) and levan attract much attention due to a wide range of applications in food technology and pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry. Bacillus licheniformis ANT 179, isolated from Antarctica soil, produced levansucrase and levan in a medium containing sucrose as carbon substrate. In this study, characterization of levansucrase and production of short-chain FOS and levan we ...