Jump to Main Content
- Łukaszewicz, Ewa; Bagińska, Paulina; Lasoń, Martyna
- Annals of animal science 2017 v.17 no.3 pp. 747-755
- wattles, etc ; asymmetry; broiler breeders; head; roosters; testes; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... It is widely practiced that before mating the roosters are selected as reproducers mainly on the basis of head ornaments appearance. Relationship between males secondary sexual traits (comb and wattles) with testes size, as all of them are testosterone-dependent traits, were examined. Measurements of head ornaments and testes from two broiler breeder lines and two laying lines of chicken were corr ...
- Mdladla, Khanyisile; Dzomba, Edgar Farai; Muchadeyi, Farai Catherine
- Tropical animal health and production 2017 v.49 no.3 pp. 515-527
- wattles, etc ; adults; breed differences; breeding; bucks; chest; color; discriminant analysis; ears; ecotypes; feral animals; flocks; genetic improvement; goat breeds; goats; guidelines; herd size; horns; households; interviews; meat; phenotype; phenotypic variation; principal component analysis; production technology; quantitative traits; rural communities; savannas; surveys; villages; South Africa; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Expansion of goat improvement programs requires exploration of the factors that influence the production system and breeding initiatives. Characterization of goat breeds or populations is crucial in providing information on prevalent goat types and their attributes and may suffice as a guideline on conservation, development, and selection for improved productivity. This study investigated the exis ...