Jump to Main Content
- Athukorala, Wasantha, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of forest economics 2017 v.29 pp. 47-55
- farmers; groundwater; land use planning; onions; small-scale farming; social welfare; Sri Lanka
- ... Quantity depletion and quality deterioration issues arising from the extraction of groundwater have been discussed in previous studies. However, the literature reveals no systematic analysis of the possible social welfare losses due to the cost of both quantity depletion and quality deterioration. This paper therefore investigates the long run welfare cost of using groundwater for agriculture by i ...
- Athukorala, Sarangi N.P., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Botany 2017 v.95 no.10 pp. 1005-1014
- Chlorophyta; Cyanobacteria; algae; bacteria; fungi; gene expression; lichens; microscopy; photosynthesis; symbionts; thallus
- ... It is widely recognized that the lichen is the product of a fungus and a photosynthetic partner (green alga or cyanobacterium), but its acceptance was slow to develop throughout history. The development of powerful microscopic and other lab techniques enabled better understanding of the interface between symbionts, beginning with the contentious concept of the dual nature of the lichen thallus. Ev ...