Jump to Main Content
- Bogdanov, Alexey
M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016 v.138 no.14 pp. 4807-4817
- electron transfer; fluorescent proteins; mutants; photooxidation; photostability; point mutation
- ... Photoinduced electron transfer in fluorescent proteins from the GFP family can be regarded either as an asset facilitating new applications or as a nuisance leading to the loss of optical output. Photooxidation commonly results in green-to-red photoconversion called oxidative redding. We discovered that yellow FPs do not undergo redding; however, the redding is restored upon halide binding. Calcul ...
- Bogdanov, Alexey A., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2016 v.428 pp. 2134-2145
- Escherichia coli; adenosine; bacteria; humans; messenger RNA; methylation; methyltransferases; transfer RNA
- ... N6-methyladenosine (m6A) is ubiquitously present in the RNA of living organisms from Escherichia coli to humans. Methyltransferases that catalyze adenosine methylation are drastically different in specificity from modification of single residues in bacterial ribosomal or transfer RNA to modification of thousands of residues spread among eukaryotic mRNA. Interactions that are formed by m6A residues ...