Jump to Main Content
- Guarino, Marcella, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2016 v.141 pp. 60-66
- ammonia; atmospheric chemistry; buildings; carbon dioxide; cattle housing; dairy cattle; dairy farming; emissions factor; farming systems; farms; floors; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; management systems; manure handling; methane; nitrous oxide; pollutants; rubber; straw; Italy
- ... Agriculture and livestock farming are known to be activities emitting relevant quantities of atmospheric pollutants. In particular, in intensive animal farming, buildings can be identified as a relevant source of ammonia and greenhouse gases. This study aimed at: i) determining the emission factors of NH3, N2O, CH4, and CO2 from different dairy farms in Italy, and ii) assessing the effects of the ...
- Guarino, Marcella, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2016 v.129 pp. 15-26
- algorithms; antibiotics; bovine respiratory disease; calf housing; cough; dairy calves; disease severity; early warning systems; financial economics; humans; monitoring; rearing
- ... Bovine respiratory disease (BRD) complex in calves impairs health and welfare and causes severe economic losses for the Stockperson. Early recognition of BRD should lead to earlier veterinary (antibiotic/anti-inflammatory) treatment interventions thereby reducing the severity of the disease and associated costs. Coughing is one of the clinical manifestations of BRD. It is believed that by automati ...