Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Ying; Dyer, Jolon M.; Deb-Choudhury, Santanu; Li, Qiao
- Journal of photochemistry and photobiology 2016 v.156 pp. 35-40
- aluminum; copper; cosmetics; crosslinking; electron transfer; gender; hairs; humans; hydroxyl radicals; iron; lead; magnesium; metal ions; photoaging; photosensitizing agents; proteins; proteomics; scanning electron microscopy; zinc; China
- ... Human hairs are subject to oxidative modification when exposed to sunlight. In the present study, samples of human hair from Chinese volunteers that included frequent hair dyers and non-dyers were analyzed for metal ions such as iron, copper, magnesium, aluminum, zinc and lead. The generation of hydroxyl radicals during UVA (315–400nm) photoageing was quantified and oxidative damages characterized ...
- Ding, Dianyuan; Zhao, Ying; Feng, Hao; Peng, Xinhua; Si, Bingcheng
- Soil & tillage research 2016 v.156 pp. 119-130
- X-radiation; clay; clay fraction; databases; equations; models; particle size distribution; sand; sand fraction; scanning electron microscopy; silt; soil sampling; soil texture; soil water; soil water retention
- ... The link between soil particle arrangement and pore structures and its role in soil water retention is important. However, it is not completely determined. In this study, based on similarities and synchronizations between the three terms, i.e., residual, matrix, and structural porosities in a double-exponential water retention equation (DE) and the three soil separates (clay, silt and sand), we ai ...