Jump to Main Content
- Chitranshi, Priyanka; Gamboa da Costa, Gonçalo
- Food chemistry 2016 v.213 pp. 567-570
- Food and Drug Administration; derivatization; hydrolysis; ionization; markets; mass spectrometry; rapid methods; soft drinks; vegetable oil; United States
- ... We report here a simple and rapid method for the quantification of brominated vegetable oil (BVO) in soft drinks based upon liquid chromatography–electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Unlike previously reported methods, this novel method does not require hydrolysis, extraction or derivatization steps, but rather a simple “dilute and shoot” sample preparation. The quantification is conducted b ...
- PubMed Central:
- Wang., Ya-Juan; Yang, Li; Zuo, Jian-Ping
- Virus research 2016 v.213 pp. 205-213
- Food and Drug Administration; Hepatitis B virus; antiviral agents; chronic hepatitis B; health services; hepatoma; interferon-alpha; risk; vaccines; viruses; United States
- ... Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection (CHB) is a major cause of cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Although the availability of HBV vaccines effectively reduces the incidence of HBV infection, the healthcare burden from CHB remains high. Several antiviral agents, such as (pegylated-) interferon-α and nucleos(t)ide analogs are approved by US FDA for chronic HBV infection management. ...