Jump to Main Content
- Montero, Jose T.; Chesney, Tanya A.; Bauer, Jennifer R.; Froeschke, John T.; Graham, Jim
- Fisheries oceanography 2016 v.25 no.3 pp. 337-348
- Farfantepenaeus aztecus; autumn; climate change; coasts; data collection; ecosystems; energy transfer; environmental factors; fisheries; fisheries management; food webs; managers; models; monitoring; oil spills; prediction; shrimp; summer; Gulf of Mexico; Louisiana; Texas
- ... The estuarine‐dependent brown shrimp, Farfantepenaeus aztecus, is a significant commercial fishery and important species in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) ecosystem as well as being a key component in energy transfer between benthic and pelagic food web systems. Because of the economical and ecological importance of brown shrimp, we developed a spatial population model to identify places of high shrimp ...
- Martin, Paloma; Maynou, Francesc; Recasens, Laura; Sabatés, Ana
- Fisheries oceanography 2016 v.25 no.3 pp. 229-240
- periodicity; primary productivity; rivers; whiting; North Atlantic Oscillation; air temperature; wavelet; environmental factors; coasts; Micromesistius poutassou; convection; runoff; fisheries; Mediterranean climate
- ... In the Mediterranean, blue whiting, Micromesistius poutassou, constitutes a traditional fisheries resource. Over several decades, blue whiting landings in the Catalan coast (northwestern Mediterranean) have displayed cyclical variations, of c. 6 yrs, slightly decreased to five in the last two decades, as shown through wavelet analysis. These fluctuations have persisted under very different levels ...