Jump to Main Content
- Lennox, Robert J.; Diserud, Ola H.; Cooke, Steven J.; Thorstad, Eva B.; Whoriskey, Frederick G.; Solem, Øyvind; Havn, Torgeir B.; Uglem, Ingebrigt
- Ecology of freshwater fish 2016 v.25 no.3 pp. 422-428
- Salmo salar; behavior change; fisheries; probability; rivers; salmon; sport fishing
- ... Anglers that release Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) in recreational fisheries do so with the intention that the fish will survive and contribute to succeeding generations. In some instances, salmon that are released may be recaptured, but mechanisms associated with recapture are unclear. To test whether gear avoidance influences recapture rates, we analysed data from tagging programmes in major Nor ...
- Martin, Paloma; Maynou, Francesc; Recasens, Laura; Sabatés, Ana
- Fisheries oceanography 2016 v.25 no.3 pp. 229-240
- periodicity; primary productivity; rivers; whiting; North Atlantic Oscillation; air temperature; wavelet; environmental factors; coasts; Micromesistius poutassou; convection; runoff; fisheries; Mediterranean climate
- ... In the Mediterranean, blue whiting, Micromesistius poutassou, constitutes a traditional fisheries resource. Over several decades, blue whiting landings in the Catalan coast (northwestern Mediterranean) have displayed cyclical variations, of c. 6 yrs, slightly decreased to five in the last two decades, as shown through wavelet analysis. These fluctuations have persisted under very different levels ...