Jump to Main Content
- Kamler, Martin; Nesvorna, Marta; Stara, Jitka; Erban, Tomas; Hubert, Jan
- Experimental & applied acarology 2016 v.69 no.1 pp. 1-9
- Apis mellifera; Varroa destructor; acaricide resistance; acarology; acetone; acrinathrin; amitraz; apiaries; bioassays; females; glass; honey bees; mites; mortality; pest resistance; pests; polypropylenes
- ... The parasitic mite Varroa destructor is a major pest of the western honeybee, Apis mellifera. The development of acaricide resistance in Varroa populations is a global issue. Discriminating concentrations of acaricides are widely used to detect pest resistance. Two methods, using either glass vials or paraffin capsules, are used to screen for Varroa resistance to various acaricides. We found the g ...
- Elbeaino, Toufic; Daher-Hjaij, Nouraldin; Ismaeil, Faiz; Mando, Jamal; Khaled, Bassem Solaiman; Kubaa, Raied Abou
- Experimental & applied acarology 2016 v.69 no.1 pp. 11-19
- Acute bee paralysis virus; Apis mellifera; Black queen cell virus; Chronic bee paralysis virus; Deformed wing virus; H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; Kashmir bee virus; Sacbrood virus; Varroa destructor; acarology; adults; beehives; cytochrome b; cytochrome-c oxidase; females; genes; genetic databases; haplotypes; honey bees; mites; mitochondrial DNA; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; surveys; viruses; Syria
- ... A small-scale survey was conducted on 64 beehives located in four governorates of Syria in order to assess for the first time the presence of honeybee-infecting viruses and of Varroa destructor mites in the country. RT-PCR assays conducted on 192 honeybees (Apis mellifera L.) using virus-specific primers showed that Deformed wing virus (DWV) was present in 49 (25.5 %) of the tested samples and Chr ...