Jump to Main Content
- Olivares, María Laura; Achkar, Natalia Patricia; Zorrilla, Susana Elizabeth
- Dairy science & technology 2016 v.96 no.4 pp. 525-538
- calcium; calcium chloride; casein; dispersions; drying; energy; evaporation; gels; micelles; models; pH; skim milk; viscosity
- ... Understanding the behavior of casein micelles (CM) in concentrated regimes is critical for the design of dairy unit operations such as drying or evaporation but also it is still scarce. In this work, the effect of the decrease in pH and the addition of a calcium salt on concentrated skim milk dispersions was examined by rheometric measurements at 25 °C. Control samples (S1), samples with a pH of 5 ...
- Ohura, Takeshi; Miwa, Makoto
- Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology 2016 v.96 no.4 pp. 524-529
- benzo(a)pyrene; environmental impact; irradiation; models; pH; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sodium chloride
- ... The potential for the formation of chlorinated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons via photochlorination of PAHs has been investigated in milli-Q water/synthetic water containing NaCl and PAHs with either UV or visible light. The photochlorination of pyrene occurred under acidic conditions in the presence of both UV and visible light, resulting in 1-chloropyrene as the main product. Benzo[a]pyrene yi ...