Jump to Main Content
- Nair, Jayakrishnan; Christensen, David; Yu, Peiqiang; Beattie, Aaron D.; McAllister, Tim; Damiran, Daalkhaijav; Preston, Natalie; Fuhr, Leland; McKinnon, John J.
- Canadian journal of animal science 2016 v.96 no.4 pp. 598-608
- barley; beef; beef cattle; detergents; digestibility; falcons; neutral detergent fiber; pH; silage; starch; Canada
- ... This study evaluated the nutritional and neutral detergent fiber digestibility (NDFD) characteristics of seven barley varieties (‘Conlon’, ‘CDC Copeland’, ‘CDC Cowboy’, ‘Falcon’, ‘Legacy’, ‘AC Metcalfe’, and ‘Xena’) grown for silage. Commercial samples (n = 80) harvested at the mid-dough stage were collected over 2 years (2012 and 2013). Average pH and dry matter (DM) content were 4.05% ± 0.17% an ...
- Lima, Erico da Silva; Morais, Jozivaldo Prudêncio Gomes de; Roça, Roberto de Oliveira; Valente, Tiago Neves Pereira; Andrade, Ernani Nery de; Deminicis, Bruno Borges
- Canadian journal of animal science 2016 v.96 no.4 pp. 581-588
- Nellore; animal performance; body weight; carcass characteristics; citrus pulp; corn; cottonseed; crude protein; diet; dry matter intake; fat thickness; finishing; lipids; meat; meat carcasses; meat cuts; neutral detergent fiber; pH; protected fat; protein intake; steers; sugarcane; urea; weight gain
- ... The aim of this study was to determine the effect of the inclusion of different lipid sources [whole cottonseed (CS) and protected fat in diets containing sugarcane, corn, citrus pulp, CS meal, and urea] on animal performance, hot carcass dressing (HCD), ribeye area (RA), fat thickness (FT), and postmortem pH of the meat of Nellore cattle during finishing. The treatments evaluated were feed with 2 ...