Jump to Main Content
- Francisco Toja-Silva; Oscar Lopez-Garcia; Carlos Peralta; Jorge Navarro; Ignacio Cruz
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 769-794
- aerodynamics; buildings; cities; energy; geometry; turbulent flow; urban areas; wind; wind power; wind turbines
- ... Urban wind energy exploitation is an important topic for smart sustainable cities. The present investigation is a step in this direction, considering the latest advances in building aerodynamics, identifying and analyzing the optimum building-roof shape for the urban wind energy exploitation. This investigation focusses in two aspects: the isolated building shape optimization and the analysis of t ...
- A.P.R. Jeanjean; P.S. Monks; R.J. Leigh
- Atmospheric environment 2016 v.147 pp. 1-10
- aerodynamics; atmospheric chemistry; buildings; emissions; equations; grasses; green infrastructure; models; particulates; summer; traffic; trees; vegetation; United Kingdom
- ... Green infrastructure can reduce PM2.5 traffic emissions on a city scale, by a combination of dispersion by trees and deposition on buildings, trees and grass. Simulations of PM2.5 concentrations were performed using a validated CFD model. A 2 × 2 km area has been reconstructed as a 3D representation of Leicester (UK) city centre which is on a scale larger than most of the other CFD studies. Combin ...