Jump to Main Content
- Chen, P; Pei, YL; Liang, B; Zhang, YS; Zhai, XW; He, SH; Kai, WB; Sun, YF; Leng, P
- New Zealand journal of crop and horticultural science 2016 v.44 no.4 pp. 274-290
- ripening, etc ; 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase; Cucurbita pepo; abscisic acid; biosynthesis; ethylene; flowering; fruit set; genes; pollination; pulp; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; squashes; transcription (genetics); Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Squash is a non-climacteric fruit, so the release of ethylene plays a limited role in the ripening process; however, there is a large accumulation of abscisic acid (ABA) during fruit maturation and ripening. To investigate the contribution of ABA in squash fruit development, the CpNCED1 gene, which encodes the key enzyme in ABA biosynthesis (9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase [NCED]), was cloned fr ...
- Ampa, Kongsuwan; Ikeura, Hiromi; Saito, Takanori; Okawa, Katsuya; Ohara, Hitoshi; Kondo, Satoru
- Scientia horticulturae 2016 v.209 pp. 255-260
- ripening, etc ; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase; Actinidia chinensis; abscisic acid; aminocyclopropanecarboxylate oxidase; ethephon; ethylene production; flowering; fruit drop; fruit quality; fruits; gene expression; genes; kiwifruit; malic acid; nordihydroguaiaretic acid; preharvest treatment; total soluble solids; vines; volatile compounds; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The effects of ethephon, abscisic acid (ABA), and nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA) application on the ripening of pre-harvest ‘Kohi’ kiwifruit (Actinidia chinensis) were studied. The fruits were treated on-vine at 155days after full bloom (DAFB) (mature stage) with 250μL/L ethephon, 100μmol ABA, or 100μmol NDGA. The fruits were sampled at 0, 3, 6, 9, and 12days after treatment (DAT), and the follo ...