Jump to Main Content
- Khater, Hanem F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2016 v.107 pp. 95-101
- Aedes aegypti; Anopheles stephensi; Culex quinquefasciatus; Diplonychus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Nicandra physalodes; X-ray diffraction; aquatic habitat; aquatic organisms; insect larvae; insect vectors; larvicides; lethal concentration 50; nanocrystals; nanosilver; parasites; scanning electron microscopy; silver; toxicity; transmission electron microscopy; vector control
- ... Mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) as vectors for important diseases and parasites causing millions of deaths every year. The use of synthetic pesticides against Culicidae leads to resistance and environmental concerns. Therefore, eco-friendly control tools are a priority. In this research, Nicandra physalodes-mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles (Ag NPs) was conducted, in order to control larv ...
- Khater, Emad I. M., et al. Show all 30 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2016 v.25 no.21 pp. 5377-5395
- Aedes aegypti; basins; databases; forests; founder effect; genetic engineering; genetic variation; habitats; invasive species; microsatellite repeats; models; monophyly; shipping; urban areas; Asia; Kenya; Senegal
- ... Mosquitoes, especially Aedes aegypti, are becoming important models for studying invasion biology. We characterized genetic variation at 12 microsatellite loci in 79 populations of Ae. aegypti from 30 countries in six continents, and used them to infer historical and modern patterns of invasion. Our results support the two subspecies Ae. aegypti formosus and Ae. aegypti aegypti as genetically dist ...
- PubMed Central: