Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Lei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of forestry research 2016 v.27 no.2 pp. 339-347
- Phyllostachys edulis; allometry; bamboos; biomass; case studies; culms; equations; forests; models; monitoring; tree and stand measurements; trees; China
- ... Understanding the relationship between tree height (H) and diameter at breast height (D) is vital to forest design, monitoring and biomass estimation. We developed an allometric equation model and tested its applicability for unevenly aged stands of moso bamboo forest at a regional scale. Field data were collected for 21 plots. Based on these data, we identified two strong power relationships: a c ...
- Shi, Lei, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agroforestry systems 2016 v.90 no.6 pp. 1113-1121
- Phyllostachys edulis; Weibull statistics; agroforestry; allometry; bamboos; biomass; carbon; carbon cycle; carbon sinks; case studies; equations; forests; models; China
- ... Large-scale biomass estimates are primarily based on the estimation of biomass at the stand level. The accurate estimation of forest biomass at the stand level is vital for regional carbon budgets, estimates of the global carbon cycle, and reports on stock changes required by the Kyoto Protocol. However, currently available stand-level methods do not account for variations in biomass within a stan ...