Jump to Main Content
- WANG, Hong-yuan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2016 v.15 no.3 pp. 667-677
- Oryza sativa; Triticum aestivum; agricultural soils; correlation; cropping systems; eutrophication; fertilizer application; growing season; irrigation and drainage; lakes; paddy soils; phosphorus; phosphorus fertilizers; rain; rice; runoff; surface water; wheat; China
- ... Phosphorus (P) losses from agricultural soils contribute to eutrophication of surface waters. This field plot study investigated effects of rainfall regimes and P applications on P loss by surface runoff from rice (Oryza sativa L.) and wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cropping systems in Lake Taihu region, China. The study was conducted on two types of paddy soils (Hydromorphic at Anzhen site, Wuxi Ci ...
- WANG, Hong-yuan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2016 v.15 no.1 pp. 200-208
- Luvisols; Triticum aestivum; Zea mays; corn; corn straw; eutrophication; fertilizer analysis; fertilizer application; field experimentation; grain yield; leaching; linear models; manure spreading; phosphorus; phosphorus fertilizers; pig manure; risk; surface water; wheat; China
- ... Sufficient soil phosphorus (P) content is essential for achieving optimal crop yields, but accumulation of P in the soil due to excessive P applications can cause a risk of P loss and contribute to eutrophication of surface waters. Determination of a critical soil P value is fundamental for making appropriate P fertilization recommendations to ensure safety of both environment and crop production. ...