Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Lei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied energy 2016 v.184 pp. 779-789
- aerobic digestion; bioenergy; biomass; carbon; carbon dioxide; case studies; combustion; energy efficiency; energy recovery; fossil fuels; greenhouse gas emissions; inventories; methane; paper pulp; pulp and paper industry; sewage treatment; waste liquors; China
- ... The pulp and paper industry is a high energy consuming and polluting sector, and carbon emissions emitted from this sector are worthy of attention. This article, based upon an analysis of China’s Pulp and Paper Industry (CPPI), provides estimates of each of the following: carbon emissions from energy consumption, pre-treatment sector, combustion of condensed black liquor, and methane emitted from ...
- Shi, Lei, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2016 v.168 pp. 105-111
- biomass; burning; carbon; coal; combustion; corn straw; dust; potassium; stable isotopes; suburban areas; sulfates; summer; winter; China
- ... Stable isotopic compositions (δ¹³C) of elemental carbon (EC) in PM1.1 in north suburb of Nanjing region were determined in order to quantitatively evaluate the carbon sources of atmospheric fine particles during different seasons. Besides, δ¹³C values from potential sources such as coal combustion, vehicle exhaust, biomass burning, and dust were synchronously measured. The results showed that the ...