Jump to Main Content
- Khater, Hanem F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2016 v.107 pp. 95-101
- Aedes aegypti; Anopheles stephensi; Culex quinquefasciatus; Diplonychus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Nicandra physalodes; X-ray diffraction; aquatic habitat; aquatic organisms; insect larvae; insect vectors; larvicides; lethal concentration 50; nanocrystals; nanosilver; parasites; scanning electron microscopy; silver; toxicity; transmission electron microscopy; vector control
- ... Mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) as vectors for important diseases and parasites causing millions of deaths every year. The use of synthetic pesticides against Culicidae leads to resistance and environmental concerns. Therefore, eco-friendly control tools are a priority. In this research, Nicandra physalodes-mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles (Ag NPs) was conducted, in order to control larv ...
- Khater, Hanem F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of photochemistry and photobiology 2016 v.161 pp. 482-489
- Aedes albopictus; Anopheles subpictus; Chironomus; Culex tritaeniorhynchus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Gambusia affinis; X-ray diffraction; Zika virus; Zornia; acute toxicity; adverse effects; arboviruses; bioaccumulation; biosynthesis; dengue; dose response; encephalitis; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; filariasis; food chain; human health; insect vectors; insecticides; ions; larvae; larvicides; leaf extracts; leaves; lethal concentration 50; malaria; nanosilver; nontarget organisms; parasites; pathogens; scanning electron microscopy; silver; sustainable technology; toxic substances; transmission electron microscopy; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... Mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) are vectors of important pathogens and parasites, including malaria, dengue, chikungunya, Japanese encephalitis, lymphatic filariasis and Zika virus. The application of synthetic insecticides causes development of resistance, biological magnification of toxic substances through the food chain, and adverse effects on the environment and human health. In this scenario ...