Jump to Main Content
- Afzal, M.; Battilani, A.; Solimando, D.; Ragab, R.
- Agricultural water management 2016 v.176 pp. 40-54
- demonstration farms, etc ; C4 plants; Solanum tuberosum; Zea mays; corn; cost effectiveness; crops; deficit irrigation; dry matter accumulation; drying; freshwater; growing season; irrigation management; irrigation water; potatoes; rain; salinity; simulation models; soil water; wages and remuneration; wastewater; wastewater irrigation; Italy; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of two different irrigation strategies, regulated deficit irrigation, RDI and partial root drying, PRD using surface freshwater (SW) and brackish treated waste water (TWW) for maize and potato crops. The SALTMED model has been applied using the field measurements of two cropping seasons 2013 and 2014 at the Canale Emiliano Romagnolo, CER’s exper ...
- Forte, Annachiara; Zucaro, Amalia; De Vico, Gionata; Fierro, Angelo
- Agricultural systems 2016 v.142 pp. 99-111
- demonstration farms, etc ; beans; breeding; carbon dioxide; carbon footprint; carbon sequestration; case studies; cleaning; corn; dietary supplements; entrepreneurship; environmental performance; feed mills; finishing; food production; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; irrigation; life cycle assessment; materials life cycle; meat production; packaging; polyethylene; rearing; rural development; snail meat; snails; Italy; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Heliciculture for food production has huge potential and new opportunities for rural development and young entrepreneurs in Italy. No studies have yet been performed on the environmental performance of snail rearing which also might be a beneficial tool for producers. The aim of the present paper is to evaluate the impact of snail meat by a cradle-to-farm gate life cycle assessment centred on the ...