Jump to Main Content
- Boschin, Francesco, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Quaternary international 2016 v.403 pp. 23-39
- Capra; bones; climate change; deer; fauna; goats; horses; steppes; wild boars; Italy
- ... In this article we present evidence of the hard animal tissue exploitation at Paglicci Cave (Rignano Garganico, Foggia, southern Italy).The analysis of the 104 bone and antler tools found in the Upper Palaeolithic sequence of the cave, as well as recent studies on faunal remains, have allowed us to reconstruct the choices made by the prehistoric hunters both in terms of hunting and exploitation of ...
- Boschin, Francesco, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Quaternary international 2016 v.423 pp. 143-165
- Betula; Cervus elaphus; bark; equipment; fish; manufacturing; sewing; wetlands; Italy
- ... This paper focuses on the techno-functional study of a tool with a smooth end, typologically classifiable as spatula, made from a red deer metatarsal recovered at the early Mesolithic rock-shelter Galgenbühel/Dos de la Forca. The site is located in the middle Adige Valley at Salurn/Salorno (South Tyrol – Northern Italy) and was dwelled by Sauveterrian hunter-gatherer-fisher-communities from the mi ...