Jump to Main Content
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Aquaculture international 2016 v.24 no.5 pp. 1409-1420
- Sparus aurata; aquaculture; breeding stock; coasts; dams (mothers); genetic markers; genetic variation; inbreeding; population structure; progeny; sires; spawning; Atlantic Ocean; Europe; Mediterranean Sea; Mediterranean region
- ... The gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata L.) is one of the most important Sparid farmed in Europe, especially in the Mediterranean area. However, efficient breeding programs for this species are scarce and very little, and it is known concerning their population structure. The present study was mainly designed to genetically characterize, by microsatellite markers, three gilthead sea bream population ...
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Aquaculture 2016 v.464 pp. 601-608
- Sparus aurata; X-radiation; aquaculture; aquaculture industry; breeding stock; coasts; environmental factors; genetic background; genetic correlation; genotype-environment interaction; gilts; heritability; juveniles; microsatellite repeats; pedigree; photographs; rearing; swim bladder; Atlantic Ocean; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Lordosis, lack of operculum and failure to inflate the swimbladder constitute a major problem for the gilthead sea bream aquaculture industry. In this study, the effect of the origin of the broodstock on these major anomalies in juvenile sea bream was analyzed. A population of farmed sea bream (n=909) obtained by industrial mass-spawning from broodstock from three different origins [Cantabrian Sea ...