Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.104 pp. 102329-102335
- Monte Carlo method; energy; glass; models; prediction; thermodynamics
- ... Issues related to the glass formation of ternary Mg–Al–Cu metallic glass are investigated by thermodynamic calculations and an atomistic approach. Based on the extended Miedema model, thermodynamic calculations show that Mg–Al–Cu metallic glasses are favored over a large composition range, and that the sub-region of MgₓAlyCu₁₋ₓ₋y (x = 20–30; y = 30–40; 1 − x − y = 35–45) shows a better glass forma ...
- Zhao, S. L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2016 v.120 no.24 pp. 5491-5504
- Gibbs free energy; Monte Carlo method; mathematical theory; models; physical chemistry; porous media
- ... The formulation of scaled particle theory (SPT) is presented for a quite general model of fluids confined in a random porous media, i.e., a multicomponent hard sphere (HS) fluid in a multicomponent hard sphere or a multicomponent overlapping hard sphere (OHS) matrix. The analytical expressions for pressure, Helmholtz free energy, and chemical potential are derived. The thermodynamic consistency of ...