Jump to Main Content
- Almatary, A. M.; Bakir, H. Y.
- Helminthologia 2016 v.53 no.4 pp. 372-377
- larva migrans, etc ; Toxocara canis; Toxocara cati; albendazole; biopsy; boys; chest; cough; dyspnea; eosinophils; granuloma; humans; larvae; liver; lungs; pain; radiography; tissues; toxocariasis; zoonoses; Egypt; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Visceral Larva Migrans (VLM) syndrome is commonly caused by larvae of roundworms Toxocara canis or Toxocara cati. Human toxocarosis is a soil-transmitted zoonosis, which may result in partial or general pathological changes in host tissues. We reported a case of 14-year-old boy presented with severe dry cough without dyspnea, mild chest and abdominal pain with general fatigue. Examination of perip ...
- Yoshida, Ayako; Kikuchi, Taisei; Nakagaki, Shiori; Maruyama, Haruhiko
- Parasitology research 2016 v.115 no.12 pp. 4701-4705
- larva migrans, etc ; Ascaris suum; Toxocara canis; Toxocara cati; adults; antibodies; antigens; discriminant analysis; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; human diseases; humans; larvae; mice; patients; serodiagnosis; toxocariasis; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Ascarid nematodes, Ascaris suum, Toxocara canis and Toxocara cati, are the most important causative species of larva migrans syndrome (LMS) in humans. Although the diagnosis of ascarid LMS is generally based on serological tests, specific serological tests for A. suum infection have not been fully developed. In the present study, the sensitivity and specificity of three A. suum antigen preparation ...