Jump to Main Content
- Petrescu, Iorgu; Chatterjee, Tapas; Schizas, Nikolaos V.
- Caribbean journal of science 2016 v.49 no.1 pp. 17-26
- Cumacea; corals; ecosystems; new species; reefs; taxonomic keys; Caribbean Sea; United States; Virgin Islands of the United States
- ... A new species of the genus Campylaspis G.O. Sars, C. grazielae and also Campylaspis sp. are described from the mesophotic coral ecosystems of St. John, US Virgin Islands, Caribbean Sea. Similarities and dissimilarities with related species are discussed and a taxonomic key is provided for the Western Atlantic species of the genus Campylaspis. With the addition of C. grazielae sp. nov. described he ...
- Merten, Wessley; Appeldoorn, Richard; Hammond, Donald
- Fisheries research 2016 v.175 pp. 24-34
- Coryphaena hippurus; Gulf Stream; biomass; coasts; fish; fisheries; islands; mortality; satellites; spawning; Antigua and Barbuda; Atlantic Ocean; Bahamas; Bermuda; Caribbean; Caribbean Sea; Cuba; Florida; Hispaniola; Puerto Rico; South Carolina; Virgin Islands of the United States
- ... Distinct spatial variation and fisheries exchange routes for dolphinfish (Coryphaena hippurus) were resolved relative to the northeastern Caribbean Sea and U.S. east coast using conventional (n=742; mean±SD cm FL: 70.5±15.2cm FL) and pop-up satellite archival tags (n=7; 117.6±11.7cm FL) from 2008 to 2014. All dolphinfish released in the northeastern Caribbean Sea moved westward (274.42°±21.06°), b ...