Jump to Main Content
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2016 v.50 no.4 pp. 1741-1749
- X-radiation; aquatic environment; chemical composition; chromium; iron; nanoparticles; pH; quartz
- ... The formation of (Fe, Cr)(OH)₃ nanoparticles determines the fate of aqueous Cr in many aquatic environments. Using small-angle X-ray scattering, precipitation rates of (Fe, Cr)(OH)₃ nanoparticles in solution and on quartz were quantified from 0.1 mM Fe(III) solutions containing 0–0.25 mM Cr(III) at pH = 3.7 ± 0.2. Concentration ratio of aqueous Cr(III)/Fe(III) controlled the chemical composition ( ...
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2016 v.17 no.5 pp. 1854-1859
- Gram-negative bacteria; X-radiation; amino acids; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; cell death; fluorescence microscopy; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; peptides; protein-protein interactions; public health
- ... As one of the greatest threats facing the 21st century, antibiotic resistance is now a major public health concern. Host-defense peptides (HDPs) offer an alternative approach to combat emerging multi-drug-resistant bacteria. It is known that helical HDPs such as magainin 2 and its analogs adopt cationic amphipathic conformations upon interaction with bacterial membranes, leading to membrane disrup ...
- PubMed Central: