Jump to Main Content
- Ai-ping Ma; Li-yang Xu; Bo Yin; Ming-bo Yang; Bang-hu Xie
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.67 pp. 62038-62044
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; annealing; crystal structure; crystals; differential scanning calorimetry; melting; scanning electron microscopy; temperature
- ... Poly(4-methyl-1-pentene) casting films with row-nucleated lamellar structure were extruded through a slit die followed by stretching using a chill roll. The influences of melt draw ratio, annealing temperature, annealing time and supplied strain level on the crystalline morphology and orientation of the poly(4-methyl-1-pentene) casting films were carefully investigated by means of scanning electro ...
- Vanhalle Maja; Corneillie Stijn; Smet Mario; Van Puyvelde Peter; Goderis Bart
- Biomacromolecules 2016 v.17 no.1 pp. 183-191
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; alanine; biobased products; circular dichroism spectroscopy; crystals; differential scanning calorimetry; enantiomers; gel chromatography; heat; melting; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polymerization; polymers; polypeptides; solvents; temperature; thermal degradation; thermal stability; thermogravimetry
- ... High-performance, biobased materials can potentially be manufactured from polymerized α-amino acids (α-polypeptides). This paper reports on the synthesis, structure, and properties of both polyalanine enantiomers (PLAla and PDAla). The molecular structure of the polypeptide chains, their molecular weight, and polydispersity were investigated by ¹H NMR, MALDI-TOF, and size-exclusion chromatography. ...