Jump to Main Content
- Chen, De-Jun, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.29 pp. 16132-16139
- adsorption; annealing; carbon monoxide; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolytes; gold; infrared spectroscopy; models; nitrogen; oxidation; perchloric acid; silicon
- ... Carbon monoxide (CO) adsorption and electro-oxidation on a gold (Au) ultrathin film deposited onto a silicon prism infrared (IR) window in a CO-saturated (≈1 mM) 0.1 M HClO₄ supporting electrolyte were investigated by in situ electrochemical attenuated-total-reflection (ATR) surface-enhanced IR reflection absorption spectroscopy (SEIRAS). By varying the reaction environment with sequential (CO and ...
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2016 v.55 no.2 pp. 420-427
- activated carbon; adsorption; catalysts; chemical bonding; cleavage (chemistry); engineering; glyceraldehyde; glycerol; oxidation; oxygen; particle size; platinum
- ... Two kinds of activated carbon (AC)-supported Pt catalysts with similar particle sizes were respectively synthesized using the polyol method and incipient wetness impregnation method, and then tested for glycerol oxidation in a base-free condition. It is revealed that the initial reaction rate on the Pt catalyst prepared by the polyol method (Pt/ACPO) is nearly triple that on the Pt catalyst prepar ...