Jump to Main Content
- Leonzio, Grazia
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.129 pp. 417-426
- best available technology, etc ; European Union; air; air pollution; aqueous solutions; boilers; carbon dioxide; climate; composts; crystallization; energy efficiency; evaporation; gasoline; hazardous waste; heat pumps; hydrochloric acid; metals; pollutants; process design; sulfates; temperature; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Spent pickling liquors are classified like hazardous materials due to their high concentration of metals and presence of different acids and several best available technologies are developed to treat this kind of wastes. In this paper a new process combining essentially the evaporation and crystallization section is developed to produce respectively the aqueous solution of hydrochloric acid and ir ...
- Ancora, Maria Pia; Zhang, Lei; Wang, Shuxiao; Schreifels, Jeremy J.; Hao, Jiming
- Energy Policy 2016 v.88 pp. 485-494
- best available technology, etc ; activated carbon; air; coal; compliance; control methods; cost effectiveness; decision support systems; emissions; energy; halogens; human health; issues and policy; mercury; models; pollution; power plants; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A new international treaty, Minamata Convention, identifies mercury (Hg) as a global threat to human health and seeks to control its releases and emissions. Coal-fired power plants are a major source of mercury pollution worldwide and are expected to be the first key sector to be addressed in China under Minamata Convention. A best available technique (BAT) adoption model was developed in the form ...