Jump to Main Content
- Jenks, Matthew A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2016 v.158 no.3 pp. 318-330
- Populus euphratica; adults; alkanes; arid zones; chlorophyll; crystallization; cutin; drought; ecosystems; epicuticular wax; fatty acids; genes; habitats; juveniles; leaves; permeability; scanning electron microscopy; soil water; China; Europe; Northern Africa
- ... Populus euphratica is an important native tree found in arid regions from North Africa and South Europe to China, and is known to tolerate many forms of environmental stress, including drought. We describe cuticle waxes, cutin and cuticle permeability for the heteromorphic leaves of P. euphratica growing in two riparian habitats that differ in available soil moisture. Scanning electron microscopy ...
- Jenks, Matthew A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2016 v.79 pp. 77-83
- drought; Brassica napus; heritability; epicuticular wax; alcohols; biochemical polymorphism; heat stress; phenotypic variation; leaves; metabolism; heat; oils; temperate zones; oilseed crops; waxes; stress tolerance; chemical composition; biochemical pathways; agronomic traits; fuels; alkanes
- ... Brassica napus L. is one of the most important oilseed crops in the world, providing oil and protein used for food, fuel, and industrial purposes. Despite high oil yields and desirable agronomic traits, its geographical range is mainly limited to temperate climates, and oil yields and quality are negatively impacted by drought and heat stress. Leaf cuticular waxes are known to protect plants from ...