Jump to Main Content
- Morato, Priscila Neder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food research international 2016 v.84 pp. 18-25
- antioxidants; blood serum; carboxylic ester hydrolases; cholesterol; dihydrofolate reductase; exercise; heat shock proteins; homeostasis; males; milk; muscles; peptides; protein hydrolysates; rats; skeletal muscle; triacylglycerols; whey protein
- ... Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) intake has shown to enhance heat shock proteins (HSPs). The presence of bioactive peptides has been suggested to affect the capacity of WPH to induce a HSP response. HSPs are responsible for maintaining normal cellular function and protecting cells from the damage induced by various stressors, including exercise. Bioactive peptides have been considered as food compon ...
- Morato, P.N., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Food research international 2016 v.90 pp. 275-280
- Lactobacillus acidophilus; alanine transaminase; albumins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aspartate transaminase; blood lipids; blood serum; desserts; gastrointestinal system; heat shock proteins; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; lipid composition; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; monocytes; neutrophils; probiotics; protein content; rats; triacylglycerols; viability
- ... The viability and survival of Lactobacillus acidophilus La5 under in vitro simulated gastrointestinal in probiotic dairy dessert was assessed. In addition, the effects of regular consumption of the dessert (5g/day) on the lipid profile, immune system, and antioxidant/biochemical status of Wistar rats were also evaluated after 2weeks of treatment. Adequate counts of L. acidophilus La-5 were observe ...