Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Yufeng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2016 v.514 pp. 229-240
- aqueous solutions; artificial membranes; batch systems; equations; fouling; mercury; models; polyacrylic acid; polyethyleneimine; solutes; ultrafiltration; viscosity; wastewater
- ... The removal of mercury (II) from water by polymer-enhanced ultrafiltration (PEUF) was carried out using polyethylenimine (PEI), polyvinylamine (PVAm) and poly(acrylic acid) (PAA) as the metal-binding polymers. All three water-soluble polymers had strong interactions with mercury (II) in aqueous solutions, and a high mercury rejection was achieved with PEUF. At a given polymer dosage, the permeate ...
- Zhang, Yufeng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2016 v.512 pp. 1-12
- artificial membranes; cellulose acetate; crosslinking; emulsions; exposure duration; filtration; nanofibers; porosity; porous media; solvents; strength (mechanics); vapors
- ... In this study, a small amount of polyvinylidenefluoride (PVDF) was incorporated into cellulose acetate (CA) to electrospin CA/PVDF composite nanofiber membranes, followed by exposure to solvent vapor for crosslinking. Under controlled solvent vapor environment, the surfaces of the nanofibers were partially “melt,” and the contact points among the nanofibers formed physical crosslinks. It was demon ...