Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yunfeng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2016 v.503 pp. 90-100
- artificial membranes; atomic force microscopy; energy; osmosis; sodium chloride; strength (mechanics)
- ... Pressure retarded osmosis (PRO) is a promising energy harvesting technique. However, when polymeric hollow fiber membrane is used for the PRO process, the mechanical strength of the membrane is a big concern. As hollow fiber membrane is self-supported and due to its polymeric nature, it may gradually deform over time under high pressure loading, or membrane “creeping” will occur. Current work is t ...
- Zhang, Yunfeng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2016 v.507 pp. 99-106
- ambient temperature; artificial membranes; batteries; electrodes; electrolytes; polymers; porosity; strength (mechanics)
- ... A polymer elctrolyte with high porosity and good mechanical strength plays a critical role in improving the compatibility between the electrolyte and the electrodes in a battery device by raising the ionic conductivity and enhancing the cyclic performance. Here, we present a facile self-assembly technique to fabricate a single ion conducting polymer electrolyte membrane with appropriate porosity a ...