Jump to Main Content
- Tommaso Filippini; Bernhard Michalke; Carlotta Malagoli; Peter Grill; Ilaria Bottecchi; Marcella Malavolti; Luciano Vescovi; Sabina Sieri; Vittorio Krogh; Andrea Cherubini; Giuseppe Maffeis; Marina Modenesi; Paolo Castiglia; Marco Vinceti
- Environmental research 2016 v.150 pp. 219-226
- air; air pollution; at-risk population; biomarkers; blood sampling; blood serum; cadmium; cross-sectional studies; diet; eating habits; environmental hazards; heavy metals; models; particulates; smoking (habit); traffic; uncertainty; urban population; Italy
- ... Cadmium (Cd) is a heavy metal and a serious environmental hazard to humans. Some uncertainties still exist about major sources of Cd exposure in non-occupationally exposed subjects in addition to cigarette smoking, such as diet and outdoor air pollution. We sought to determine the influence of these sources on a biomarker of exposure, serum Cd concentration.We recruited 51 randomly selected reside ...
- Itay Fischhendler; David Katz; Eran Feitelson
- Hydrological sciences journal 2016 v.61 no.7 pp. 1358-1369
- at-risk population; case studies; environmental hazards; infrastructure; wastewater; wastewater treatment; West Bank
- ... The literature on environmental security often stresses the complementarity between sustainability and broader security goals. Less emphasis has been placed on possible trade-offs between security objectives and aspects of sustainability. This study examines the conditions under which these synergies and trade-offs are likely to occur, and how the trade-offs can be reconciled, especially during ti ...