Jump to Main Content
- Morato, Telmo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2016 v.17 no.4 pp. 1227-1233
- bioactive properties; biodiversity; biomass; data collection; environmental factors; seamounts; tuna; Pacific Ocean
- ... Recent evidence has demonstrated that not all seamounts are areas where productivity, biomass and biodiversity of marine life thrive. Therefore, understanding the drivers and mechanisms underlying seamount productivity is a major challenge in today's seamount research. Incorporating oceanographic data in future analyses has been suggested to be of paramount importance to unveil many of the seamoun ...
- Rodríguez-Morató, Jose, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2016 v.1437 pp. 183-190
- bioactive properties; bioavailability; clinical trials; derivatization; extra-virgin olive oil; humans; ingestion; liquid chromatography; pharmacokinetics; polyphenols; solid phase extraction; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Hydroxytyrosol (HT) from olive oil, a potent bioactive molecule with health benefits, has a poor bioavailability, its free form (free HT) being undetectable so far. This fact leads to the controversy whether attained HT concentrations after olive oil polyphenol ingestion are too low to explain the observed biological activities. Due to this, an analytical methodology to determine free HT in plasma ...