Jump to Main Content
- Silveira, Julia Angélica Gonçalves; D'Elia, Mirella Lauria; de Oliveira Avelar, Isabela; de Almeida, Lara Ribeiro; dos Santos, Hudson Andrade; de Magalhães Soares, Danielle Ferreira; Ribeiro, Múcio Flávio Barbosa; dos Santos Lima, Walter; Ecco, Roselene
- International journal for parasitology 2016 v.5 no.3 pp. 280-285
- Ancylostoma caninum, etc ; Acanthocephala; Chrysocyon brachyurus; Entamoeba; Hepatozoon; Leishmania; Molineus; Spirometra; Trichuris; adults; anemia; animals; anthropogenic activities; blood; body condition; bone marrow; carnivores; cytoplasm; dermis; ecosystems; endothelial cells; extinction; females; histopathology; kidneys; lungs; lymph nodes; mixed infection; necropsy; parasites; small intestine; spleen; Brazil; Show all 33 Subjects
- ... An adult free-ranged female maned wolf was rescued from a periurban area subject to anthropogenic disturbances in the Minas Gerais, Brazil. The animal presented poor body condition and anemia. The clinical condition rapidly deteriorated culminating in dead and a necropsy was performed. The main gross lesions were marked anemia and blood content in the intestines accompanied by many types of parasi ...
- PubMed Central:
- Cannon, S.H.; Levy, J.K.; Kirk, S.K.; Crawford, P.C.; Leutenegger, C.M.; Shuster, J.J.; Liu, J.; Chandrashekar, R.
- The veterinary journal 2016 v.211 pp. 64-69
- Ancylostoma, etc ; Babesia gibsoni; Bull Terrier; Dirofilaria immitis; Mycoplasma haemocanis; Siphonaptera; anemia; antiparasitic agents; blood; dog diseases; dogs; heartworms; hematocrit; infectious diseases; long term care; monitoring; odds ratio; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; risk factors; screening; serology; ticks; zoonoses; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Dogs used for dogfighting often receive minimal preventive health care, and the potential for spread of infectious diseases is high. The purpose of this study was to describe the prevalence of infectious diseases in dogs rescued from fighting operations to guide medical protocols for their immediate and long-term care. A total of 269 pit bull-type dogs were seized in a multi-state investigation. F ...
- PubMed Central: