Jump to Main Content
- Dion, Pierre-Paul; Bussières, Julie; Lapointe, Line
- Agroforestry systems 2016 v.90 no.6 pp. 979-995
- Allium porrum, etc ; agroforestry; bulbs; carbon; cultivation area; harvesting; leaves; leeks; nutrient reserves; plant density; plant growth; planting; reproduction; temperate forests; Quebec; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Overharvesting reduces the populations of wild leek in deciduous temperate forests of North America. Forest farming relying on planted bulbs that are fertilized and selectively harvested could enhance and sustain wild leek production. Density reduction following bulb harvest could improve yield in natural wild leek stands that reach growth-limiting densities. Limiting the harvest to leaves may als ...
- Najda, Agnieszka; Błaszczyk, Lidia; Winiarczyk, Krystyna; Dyduch, Jan; Tchórzewska, Dorota
- Scientia horticulturae 2016 v.201 pp. 247-255
- Allium ampeloprasum; Allium sativum, etc ; antioxidant activity; bulbs; diet; functional foods; garlic; hexaploidy; humans; internal transcribed spacers; leaves; leeks; multigene family; nutritive value; phenotype; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; secondary metabolites; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Allium ampeloprasum var. ampeloprasum, commonly referred to as great headed ...
... garlic (GHG) represents the genus Allium, which comprises plant species that have ...
... grown GHG, referred to as GHG-L, in comparison with Allium sativum. The genetic ...