Jump to Main Content
- Le Guernic, Antoine; Sanchez, Wilfried; Palluel, Olivier; Bado-Nilles, Anne; Turies, Cyril; Chadili, Edith; Cavalié, Isabelle; Adam-Guillermin, Christelle; Porcher, Jean-Marc; Geffard, Alain; Betoulle, Stéphane; Gagnaire, Béatrice
- Fish physiology and biochemistry 2016 v.42 no.2 pp. 643-657
- Gasterosteus aculeatus; antioxidants; biomarkers; cages; ecotoxicology; fish; immune system; oxidative stress; starvation; viability
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of caging constraints on multiple fish biomarkers used during ecotoxicological studies (biometric data, immune and antioxidant systems, and energetic status). Two of these constraints were linked to caging: starvation and fish density in cages, and one in relation to the post-caging handling: a short transport. Three in situ experiments were conduc ...
- Benesh, Daniel P.; Kalbe, Martin
- The journal of animal ecology 2016 v.85 no.4 pp. 1004-1013
- Gasterosteus aculeatus; Schistocephalus; Trematoda; cages; community structure; cross immunity; energy; field experimentation; fish; foraging; immune response; interspecific competition; intraspecific variation; lakes; tapeworms
- ... Non‐random species associations occur in naturally sampled parasite communities. The processes resulting in predictable community structure (e.g. particular host behaviours, cross‐immunity, interspecific competition) could be affected by traits that vary within a parasite species, like growth or antigenicity. We experimentally infected three‐spined sticklebacks with a large tapeworm (Schistocephal ...