Jump to Main Content
- Adkins, Jaron; Jastrow, Julie D.; Morris, Geoffrey P.; Six, Johan; de Graaff, Marie-Anne
- Geoderma 2016 v.262 pp. 147-154
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; Panicum virgatum; biofuels; carbon; cropping systems; cultivars; feedstocks; intraspecific variation; mineral soils; particulate organic matter; root systems; soil depth; soil separates; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.), a cellulosic biofuel feedstock, may promote soil C accumulation compared to annual cropping systems by increasing the amount and retention of root-derived soil C inputs. However, these inputs and stabilization thereof may differ by cultivar, and it is uncertain which root traits favor soil C input and stabilization rates. The aim of this study was to assess how d ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Walker, Berkley J.; South, Paul F.; Ort, Donald R.
- Photosynthesis research 2016 v.129 no.1 pp. 93-103
- C3 plants, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; C3 photosynthesis; carbon; carbon dioxide; carboxylation; electron transfer; gas exchange; light intensity; models; mutants; photorespiration; photosynthetically active radiation; ribulose; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Photorespiration recycles fixed carbon following the oxygenation reaction of Ribulose, 1–5, carboxylase oxygenase (Rubisco). The recycling of photorespiratory C2 to C3 intermediates is not perfectly efficient and reduces photosynthesis in C3 plants. Recently, a plastidic glycolate/glycerate transporter (PLGG1) in photorespiration was identified in Arabidopsis thaliana, but it is not known how crit ...
- PubMed Central: