Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: bruno?
- Petani, Bruna, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2016 v.18 no.12 pp. 4511-4522
- aerobic conditions; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; case studies; ecosystems; enzyme activity; global change; lakes; metabolism; models; mortality; organic matter; oxygen; viruses
- ... Global change is determining the expansion of marine oxygen‐depleted zones, which are hot spots of microbial‐driven biogeochemical processes. However, information on the functioning of the microbial assemblages and the role of viruses in such low‐oxygen systems remains largely unknown. Here, we used the marine Rogoznica Lake as a natural model to investigate the possible consequences of oxygen dep ...
- Chagas, Bruna M. E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.6 pp. 4925-4932
- Spirulina; algae; biofuels; biomass; carbon; catalysts; distillates; feedstocks; gases; hydrocarbons; hydrochloric acid; pyrolysis; reproduction; ruthenium; temperature
- ... Biomass feedstocks such as algae and cyanobacteria are highly sought after because of their high reproduction rates and growth densities, but their high concentrations of O and N heteroatoms are problematic for biofuel applications. Mild upgrading processes are necessary for producing fungible fuels from these renewable sources. We developed a process to upgrade spirulina-based bio-oil from tail-g ...
- da Silva Vaz, Bruna, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2016 v.178 no.2 pp. 418-429
- Chlorella; Cyanobacterium (genus); Spirulina; burning; carbon; carbon dioxide; coal; combustion; culture media; effluents; emissions; metals; microalgae; minerals; new products; power plants; solid wastes
- ... The concentration of carbon dioxide (CO₂) in the atmosphere has increased from 280 to 400 ppm in the last 10 years, and the coal-fired power plants are responsible for approximately 22 % of these emissions. The burning of fossil fuel also produces a great amount of solid waste that causes serious industrial and environmental problems. The biological processes become interesting alternative in comb ...