Jump to Main Content
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.23 pp. 12452-12462
- carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; chemical bonding; electron transfer; electrons; platinum; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- ... Single-atom catalysts, especially with single Pt atoms, exhibit potentially improved catalytic activity as compared to metal clusters and metal surfaces. Here, the atop and bridged bondings of the CO molecule on the Pt/C system are studied. Vibrational frequencies, Mulliken populations, charge transfer, charge density differences, and density of states are examined to determine the influence of th ...
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbon 2016 v.101 pp. 191-202
- catalysts; catalytic activity; durability; electrochemistry; electrolytes; encapsulation; fuel cells; graphene; iron; nanofibers; nickel; nitrogen content; oxygen; physicochemical properties; sulfuric acid; temperature; vapors
- ... A single-step chemical vapor deposition method using simple gaseous precursors was employed to grow nitrogen-doped carbon nanofibers from Fe and Ni particles on the surface of expanded graphite (N-CNF/EG). Due to the high electronic conductivity of the expanded graphite the N-CNF/EG could be used as electrocatalysts without the need for harsh purification procedures. Electrochemical testing showed ...