Jump to Main Content
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 v.120 no.23 pp. 12452-12462
- carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; chemical bonding; electron transfer; electrons; platinum; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- ... Single-atom catalysts, especially with single Pt atoms, exhibit potentially improved catalytic activity as compared to metal clusters and metal surfaces. Here, the atop and bridged bondings of the CO molecule on the Pt/C system are studied. Vibrational frequencies, Mulliken populations, charge transfer, charge density differences, and density of states are examined to determine the influence of th ...
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2016 v.55 no.2 pp. 420-427
- activated carbon; adsorption; catalysts; chemical bonding; cleavage (chemistry); engineering; glyceraldehyde; glycerol; oxidation; oxygen; particle size; platinum
- ... Two kinds of activated carbon (AC)-supported Pt catalysts with similar particle sizes were respectively synthesized using the polyol method and incipient wetness impregnation method, and then tested for glycerol oxidation in a base-free condition. It is revealed that the initial reaction rate on the Pt catalyst prepared by the polyol method (Pt/ACPO) is nearly triple that on the Pt catalyst prepar ...