Jump to Main Content
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbon 2016 v.101 pp. 191-202
- catalysts; catalytic activity; durability; electrochemistry; electrolytes; encapsulation; fuel cells; graphene; iron; nanofibers; nickel; nitrogen content; oxygen; physicochemical properties; sulfuric acid; temperature; vapors
- ... A single-step chemical vapor deposition method using simple gaseous precursors was employed to grow nitrogen-doped carbon nanofibers from Fe and Ni particles on the surface of expanded graphite (N-CNF/EG). Due to the high electronic conductivity of the expanded graphite the N-CNF/EG could be used as electrocatalysts without the need for harsh purification procedures. Electrochemical testing showed ...
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2016 v.4 no.4 pp. 1233-1243
- ammonia; ammonium sulfate; batteries; carbon electrodes; catalysts; cathodes; electrochemistry; electrolytes; electrosynthesis; graphene; nitrogen; nitrogen content; specific energy
- ... A one-step electrochemical approach for the production of tunable nitrogen-doped graphene has been developed in this work. The simultaneous production and nitrogen incorporation of graphene are realized by electrochemical exfoliation of graphite in an aqueous electrolyte containing (NH₄)₂SO₄ and NH₃·H₂O, which serve as an exfoliating agent and a nitrogen source, respectively. Both nitrogen content ...